If you want to succeed, you have to learn how to play even with the worst hands. To become lucky in poker it is very important to make informed decisions, this won’t only give you a chance to win money, but also increase your self-esteem. Knowing what is the worst hand in poker saves you money because it keeps you from making mistakes.
List of the worst hands in poker
- The 2 and 7 are considered the worst combinations in Texas Hold’em. It’s not just the smallest cards, but also the problem that you can’t make a possible straight with these cards.
- 2 и 8. What I said about 2-7 also applies to 2-8, only slightly better, because 8 is bigger than 7. You can’t get a good option with this hand, and it would be better to give it up before you make a bet.
- The next hand is a 9 and a 5. It is known as “Dolly Parton” and is named after a famous song and popular movie from the 1980s. However, serious players don’t choose hands just because they are famous, have special names, or are somehow related to their favorites. You should make your decision based on the strength of your cards or your position at the table.
- 3 and 8, 3 and 7 are still better to have than 2-8 and 2-7, but not now. If luck is on your side, there’s always the possibility of picking up a set or full house, but if you evaluate things soberly, the odds are slim, so use them with caution. To count on success, remember what is the worst hand in poker.
- But here’s one poker amateur who has completely shattered all stereotypes. With a hand of 2 and 10, Doyle Brunson became a true legend and proved that nothing is impossible. It may not seem like the best hand, but Brunson has done the unexplainable by using it successfully. Unless you’re a Texas road player who’s spent a millennium at the table, don’t even try to beat Doyle Brunson’s hand.
- 2 and 6 are 165th out of 169 potential starting hands in Texas Hold’em. It even has the word BAD written on it, though it’s likely straight, but you’d have to be pretty lucky to come out a winner with that hand.
New poker fans always find it hard to identify the worst combinations, so they don’t lose. However, studying poker can help a lot. In order to become lucky you have to use your brain, luck can also work, but in the long run, the one who thinks right will win. Bad cards are a good reason to discard them. A poker player who knows how to analyze his two closed cards in terms of possible probabilities – has a certain advantage over his opponents. He can bet based on the laws of statistics so that his bets reflect the probability of his winning.